AUSTRALIA: Red Bull wins Australian packaging dispute
Red Bull, the energy drink giant, on Monday won its property rights case in Australia against Sydneywide Distributors, who produce the Livewire energy drink. The case was brought against Sydneywide over the similarities of Livewires packaging to Red Bull. On Monday, Justice Conti of the Federal Court of Australia ruled in favour of Red Bull as the court stated that the packaging label of Livewire, "sailed too close to the wind" in its similarities to Red Bull.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery