AUSTRALIA: Red Bull wins Australian packaging dispute
Red Bull, the energy drink giant, on Monday won its property rights case in Australia against Sydneywide Distributors, who produce the Livewire energy drink.
The case was brought against Sydneywide over the similarities of Livewires packaging to Red Bull. On Monday, Justice Conti of the Federal Court of Australia ruled in favour of Red Bull as the court stated that the packaging label of Livewire, "sailed too close to the wind" in its similarities to Red Bull.
"We are delighted with the judge's decision, which reinforces the intellectual property rights of Red Bull energy drink as a global brand," said Paul Devereux, Australasian corporate projects manager, Red Bull Australia.
"Red Bull energy drink's intellectual property rights are one of our most valuable assets, in which we heavily invest and vigorously defend. The decision sends a clear message to any company or individual considering imitating our distinctive packaging design and logo, that not only will Red Bull take all action necessary to protect it's brand but that such action is sanctioned by the courts," he concluded.
To view related research reports, please follow the links below:-
Companies: Red Bull
As in most markets, Red Bull leads the burgeoning energy drinks category in both Slovakia and the Czech Republic. But growth in the sector has attracted a number of other players. Lubomir Sedlak repor...
Cott Corporation's acquisition of UK drinks company Macaw cements its UK division's position as the leading producer of own label soft drinks in the country. Annette Sessions assesses the deal and rep...
The functional drinks sector remains something of a niche market in Eastern Europe but there is clearly growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, assesses the state o...
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Functional drinks have been a growth area of the US soft drinks market since the late-1990s. Roger Dilworth reports on the development of the sector and current brand activity....
Austrian drinks group Red Bull has confirmed that it is in talks to buy US soccer team New York MetroStars....
Austrian energy drinks group Red Bull saw revenues leap almost 29% in 2005, buoyed by "outstanding development" in four key regions, including the US....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research