UK: Red Bull targets the ladies with spritzer addition
Red Bull has lined up an addition to its Sabai wine spritzer portfolio in the UK.
The Austrian company, which launched Sabai in late-2005, said earlier this week that it will back the launch of Sabai Pomegranate in the UK with a GBP2.5m (US$4.99m) advertising campaign next month.
The addition will be specifically targeted at young women, beginning with the 'Beautifully Unexpected ad campaign in which the pomegranate will be identified as the original 'forbidden fruit' from the Garden of Eden.
"We are targeting our campaign at confident young females," said Red Bull UK managing director Nigel Trood said. "We don't believe anything in the marketplace caters for them at the moment, yet they are the consumers most interested in trying new drinks. The continuing growth in wine and the wine spritzer category, combined with pomegranate's soaring success in the 2000s give us huge confidence in this launch."
The 5% abv spritzer will be available in 275ml bottles and will retail at GBP4.99 for a four-bottle pack.
Although a small sector in volume terms, the energy drinks category punches above its weight in the global soft drinks market in value, and has outpaced market growth for many years. While the rate of...
Reed's has beefed up its management team with the appointment of a new CFO....
Carlsberg and South Asia Breweries have announced the appointed a new managing director for the company's operations in the Indian market....
Red Bull is facing a fine in Russia for breaching local advertising rules, according to reports....
Reed's has hired a former Red Bull employee to help in its distribution sales department....
Red Bull has taken a hammering from a consumer magazine in Germany....
Bulgarian water bottling company Devin plans to raise its capital through an initial public offering of 3m shares on the Sofia bourse....
The former CEO of Red Bull North America has accepted a seat on Dry Soda Co.'s board of directors....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets