UK: Red Bull targets the ladies with spritzer addition
Red Bull has lined up an addition to its Sabai wine spritzer portfolio in the UK.
The Austrian company, which launched Sabai in late-2005, said earlier this week that it will back the launch of Sabai Pomegranate in the UK with a GBP2.5m (US$4.99m) advertising campaign next month.
The addition will be specifically targeted at young women, beginning with the 'Beautifully Unexpected ad campaign in which the pomegranate will be identified as the original 'forbidden fruit' from the Garden of Eden.
"We are targeting our campaign at confident young females," said Red Bull UK managing director Nigel Trood said. "We don't believe anything in the marketplace caters for them at the moment, yet they are the consumers most interested in trying new drinks. The continuing growth in wine and the wine spritzer category, combined with pomegranate's soaring success in the 2000s give us huge confidence in this launch."
The 5% abv spritzer will be available in 275ml bottles and will retail at GBP4.99 for a four-bottle pack.
Although a small sector in volume terms, the energy drinks category punches above its weight in the global soft drinks market in value, and has outpaced market growth for many years. While the rate of...
Reed's has beefed up its management team with the appointment of a new CFO....
Carlsberg and South Asia Breweries have announced the appointed a new managing director for the company's operations in the Indian market....
Red Bull is facing a fine in Russia for breaching local advertising rules, according to reports....
Reed's has hired a former Red Bull employee to help in its distribution sales department....
Red Bull has taken a hammering from a consumer magazine in Germany....
Bulgarian water bottling company Devin plans to raise its capital through an initial public offering of 3m shares on the Sofia bourse....
The former CEO of Red Bull North America has accepted a seat on Dry Soda Co.'s board of directors....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts