US: Red Bull takes cranberry, lime, blueberry nation-wide
Click through to view the three Red Bull brand extensions
Red Bull has lined up the nation-wide roll-out of its three flavour extensions in the US.
The company, which trialled Red Bull cranberry, lime and blueberry exclusively in 7-Eleven outlets late last year, said earlier today (4 March) that the variants will be available in convenience, grocery, drug and club store channels from this month. The move represents the first extension to Red Bull's namesake brand in the 15 years it has been in the US.
“The Red Bull Editions flew off the shelves during a six-week retail test last November and December, and confirmed the company's projections that, with perfect in-store execution, the Red Bull Editions have the power to grow the entire energy drink category by more than 5%,” the company said.
All three will be offered in single 8.4oz cans as well as in four-packs. Red Bull originally launched the flavours in Europe last year.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends