US: Red Bull takes cranberry, lime, blueberry nation-wide
Click through to view the three Red Bull brand extensions
Red Bull has lined up the nation-wide roll-out of its three flavour extensions in the US.
The company, which trialled Red Bull cranberry, lime and blueberry exclusively in 7-Eleven outlets late last year, said earlier today (4 March) that the variants will be available in convenience, grocery, drug and club store channels from this month. The move represents the first extension to Red Bull's namesake brand in the 15 years it has been in the US.
“The Red Bull Editions flew off the shelves during a six-week retail test last November and December, and confirmed the company's projections that, with perfect in-store execution, the Red Bull Editions have the power to grow the entire energy drink category by more than 5%,” the company said.
All three will be offered in single 8.4oz cans as well as in four-packs. Red Bull originally launched the flavours in Europe last year.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research