US: Red Bull takes cranberry, lime, blueberry nation-wide
Click through to view the three Red Bull brand extensions
Red Bull has lined up the nation-wide roll-out of its three flavour extensions in the US.
The company, which trialled Red Bull cranberry, lime and blueberry exclusively in 7-Eleven outlets late last year, said earlier today (4 March) that the variants will be available in convenience, grocery, drug and club store channels from this month. The move represents the first extension to Red Bull's namesake brand in the 15 years it has been in the US.
“The Red Bull Editions flew off the shelves during a six-week retail test last November and December, and confirmed the company's projections that, with perfect in-store execution, the Red Bull Editions have the power to grow the entire energy drink category by more than 5%,” the company said.
All three will be offered in single 8.4oz cans as well as in four-packs. Red Bull originally launched the flavours in Europe last year.
According to the global company website, Red Bull is focusing on the core markets of Western Europe and the US, as well as the growth markets of Brazil, Japan, India and China. The company is also con...
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Sustainability in Drinks - Sugar: A Shared Priorit
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- Brown-Forman looks to raise US$500m
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future