AUSTRIA: Red Bull snaps up TV channel - report
Red Bull has bought an Austrian television station, according to local reports.
The Austrian drinks company acquired a 95% stake in the regional channel Salzburg TV, according to the APA Economic News agency yesterday (20 December). Red Bull will take control of the channel from 1 January, the news service added. Financial details were not reported.
Red Bull bought the stake from the Salzburg Economic Chamber, Raiffeisenverband Salzburg and private bank Bankhaus Spaengler. The remaining 5% will be held by company founders Ferdinand Wegscheider and Christian Joergner.
Salzburg TV can be received in the Salzburg region, and in neighbouring Upper Austria and Bavaria.
Speaking to local reporters, Red Bull's CEO said that the company has no plans to become active in the international television field.
Last month, Red Bull distanced itself from speculation linking it with German pay TV channel Premiere AG. Reports that the company had talked to Premiere about advertising during sports events were dismissed by Red Bull.
Bulgarian water bottling company Devin plans to raise its capital through an initial public offering of 3m shares on the Sofia bourse....
SABMiller has confirmed closure of its sale of a juice business in Latin America....
Heineken is to file an appeal against April's EUR219.3m (US$294.4m) fine from the European Commission....
The former CEO of Red Bull North America has accepted a seat on Dry Soda Co.'s board of directors....
Energy drink producer Who's Your Daddy has added Tony Seery, formerly San Diego area trade development manager for the Hansen Beverage Company, to its sales team....
SABMiller has strongly refuted claims that its Latin American unit Bavaria is supporting illegal paramilitaries in Colombia....
SABMiller has posted a lift in full-year earnings despite a "difficult year" in North America....
SABMiller plans to invest in its South American operations over the next five years due to a rise in sales volumes and profit growth potential in the region....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research