UK: Red Bull sells Sauber stake
Red Bull has ended its seven-year partnership with Formula One team Sauber. The energy drink company sold its majority stake to Peter Sauber who will sell it on to team sponsor Credit Suisse. The stake has been valued at 70m Swiss francs (US$42.2m). Although Red Bull has now sold its stake, Reuters news service said there was still a possibility Red Bull could continue as a sponsor of the team. Red Bull has now linked up with rival motor team Arrows, but Peter Sauber said negotiations with Red Bull boss Dieter Mateschitz were continuing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts