UK: Red Bull sells Sauber stake
Red Bull has ended its seven-year partnership with Formula One team Sauber. The energy drink company sold its majority stake to Peter Sauber who will sell it on to team sponsor Credit Suisse. The stake has been valued at 70m Swiss francs (US$42.2m). Although Red Bull has now sold its stake, Reuters news service said there was still a possibility Red Bull could continue as a sponsor of the team. Red Bull has now linked up with rival motor team Arrows, but Peter Sauber said negotiations with Red Bull boss Dieter Mateschitz were continuing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India