AUSTRIA: Red Bull sees 2006 sales soar - report
Red Bull has seen annual sales leap by almost a quarter, according to local reports.
Austrian news agency APA Economic News Service said that Red Bull has posted a 23% rise in sales for 2006 against the previous year, coming in at EUR2.64bn (US$3.43bn).
In volume terms, just over 3bn cans of the energy drink were sold worldwide, the report said.
While sales in Eastern Europe soared, by 53% year-on-year, Latin American sales were up by 31%, while the US posted a lift of 27% on 2005.
Going forward, the company was cited as targeting Russia, Mexico, Japan and China for growth in 2007.
No-one was available for comment at Red Bull in Austria when contacted by just-drinks today (9 February).
The drinks industry has come under attack in the US for supposedly using energy drinks to mask the effect of alcohol....
Thai Beverage is reportedly in the hunt for an energy drink company in Thailand....
AG Barr has signed a three-year deal with The Scottish Football League, making its Irn-Bru brand the official sponsor....
National Beverage Corp. has won its recent appeal in a lawsuit against Hansen Beverage Co. over the packaging for its energy drink....
Cesu Alus has posted a healthy increase in sales for the first six months of this year....
Jones Soda has secured exclusive rights to an anti-stress natural additive....
Leading Brands North America plans to launch its new energy drink by using the video games industry....
AG Barr is launching a larger can size for its Irn-Bru 32 energy drink....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends