AUSTRIA: Red Bull rules out Premiere AG link up
Energy drinks manufacturer Red Bull told just-drinks today (28 November) that it would be focusing on existing sponsorship deals rather than tying up with German pay TV channel Premiere AG.
Focus magazine claimed last weekend that the Austrian firm was setting up a partnership with Premiere for advertising during sporting events.
A Red Bull spokesperson told just-drinks: "We were quite surprised about the article, but we did not have any talks or phone calls on the subject and the speculation is untrue.
"Sport is part of our marketing strategy, and we have a lot of ongoing projects which we will focus on."
The company has formed sponsorship deals in water, winter, airborne and motor sports, and has its own Formula One team.
Red Bull also denied rumours that it was interested in scooping footballer David Beckham for sponsorship, should he sign for a team in the US.
The spokesperson added: "There is no truth in this either, he is not a subject of sponsorship for Red Bull New York."
In March this year, Red Bull bought the New York MetroStars football team and renamed them the New York Red Bulls. However, Beckham has been more strongly linked with a move to Los Angeles, should he opt for the US.
Japan has led the way in functional drinks and as market maturity and demographics have slowed sales, manufacturers have continued to innovate imaginatively. Jeanette Bengtsson, soft drinks manager at...
Among the six GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) countries, Saudi Arabia is by far the largest soft drinks market, but the UAE and Qatar are forecast to show the most rapid growth over the coming five yea...
Energy drink producer Who's Your Daddy has added Tony Seery, formerly San Diego area trade development manager for the Hansen Beverage Company, to its sales team....
Who's Your Daddy has reported net revenues of US$133,814 for the first quarter against net revenues of $150,457 for the same quarter of 2006....
Who's Your Daddy has recruited a new senior vice president and CFO to the company....
BooKoo Beverages has signed a distribution agreement with Coca-Cola Consolidated to sell its energy drinks portfolio in the US....
Who's Your Daddy has added a new member to its board of directors....
The functional soft drinks market in Western Europe has seen slight growth in the last five years, according to a recent report....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?