UK: Red Bull resolves Redwell beer trademark dispute
Red Bull has agreed to drop its threat against Redwell
Redwell has confirmed that Red Bull has backed down after it threatened legal action over the brewer's name.
The energy drinks firm faced a social media backlash yesterday (14 August) after it emerged that it had called on the Nofolk-based lager brewer to drop a trademark application on the basis that consumers could confuse the brands. Red Bull was threatening legal action if Redwell did not comply.
Redwell, which launched in April this year, said changing its name would have been “disastrous”.
But, today, the brewer said on Twitter that Red Bull has decided to allow it to keep its name. “Red Bull have removed all restrictions except one - that we will never be making an energy drink,” Redwell tweeted.
Yesterday Red Bull claimed that there was not a “dispute”. “Red Bull has long been willing to allow Redwell to maintain its mark for beer so long as they do not use it for energy drinks,” the company said.
A Red Bull spokersperson told just-drinks today the company does not plan to comment further.
In the second part of this month's just-drinks management briefing, which looks at the year ahead, global market research and analysis provider Euromonitor considers the next 12 months for those worki...
According to the global company website, Red Bull is focusing on the core markets of Western Europe and the US, as well as the growth markets of Brazil, Japan, India and China. The company is also con...
Ahead of the Oscars, due to be handed out in just over a month's time, Richard Corbett has some gongs of his own to hand out. In recognition of the best new soft drinks products in 2013, who will win ...
How concerned are consumers of energy drinks about the health effects? What brands do they prefer and where do they drink the products? ...
After the Denver Broncos were comprehensibly beaten by the Seattle Seahawks 43-8 in yesterday's Super Bowl, some suggested the team needn't have shown up. Could the same have applied to advertisers? ...
Pernod Ricard has agreed a global tie-up with music event streaming website Boiler Room for its Scotch whisky brand Ballantine's....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research