AUSTRIA: Red Bull plans Asia offensive
Red Bull is looking to boost its presence in Asia this year as part of the company's ambition to double its sales by 2010.
The Austria-based drinks group has earmarked five markets across Asia, including Japan, China and India.
A spokesman for Red Bull told just-drinks today (23 March) that the company wants to expand across China, where its flagship product is only available in Hong Kong. "We also want to intensify our position in Japan," she said.
The spokesman also confirmed the ambitions of Red Bull chief Dietrich Mateschitz to enter into India, South Korea and Pakistan.
She added that Red Bull would also focus on further solidifying its presence in the US, where it is facing growing competition from products like Monster.
The company sold around 3bn cans of Red Bull last year and is aiming for 6bn in sales by 2010.
Among the six GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) countries, Saudi Arabia is by far the largest soft drinks market, but the UAE and Qatar are forecast to show the most rapid growth over the coming five yea...
Red Bull is facing a fine in Russia for breaching local advertising rules, according to reports....
Reed's has hired a former Red Bull employee to help in its distribution sales department....
Red Bull has taken a hammering from a consumer magazine in Germany....
Bulgarian water bottling company Devin plans to raise its capital through an initial public offering of 3m shares on the Sofia bourse....
The former CEO of Red Bull North America has accepted a seat on Dry Soda Co.'s board of directors....
Energy drink producer Who's Your Daddy has added Tony Seery, formerly San Diego area trade development manager for the Hansen Beverage Company, to its sales team....
Red Bull has lined up an addition to its Sabai wine spritzer portfolio in the UK....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India