S KOREA: Red Bull plans 35% price cut - report
Red Bull is set to drop its price in South Korea
Red Bull is to drop its retail price in South Korea by 35%, according to a local report.
A can of Red Bull will drop from KRW2,900 (US$2.67) to KRW1,900, the Korea IT Times said today (28 January). The change comes after Red Bull lost its leading market share to Lotte Chilsung's Hot Six, which costs KRW1,000, the report said.
In the US, a can of 25cl Red Bull costs $2.69 from online retailer Netgrocer, while its Total Zero 25cl can, launched last year, has an SRP of $2.19.
Red Bull entered the South Korean market in 2011 and is distributed by Dongsuh Food, the report said.
In the US, energy drinks companies are facing closer scrutiny from lawmakers. Earlier this month, two senators wrote to 14 companies, including Red Bull, asking for details of product ingredients and company investigations into health risks to children.
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a look at the global development of commercialised iced coffee drinks and asks, would a figurehead provide the necessary boost to take the category fro...
According to the global company website, Red Bull is focusing on the core markets of Western Europe and the US, as well as the growth markets of Brazil, Japan, India and China. The company is also con...
Functional Drinks in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast ...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report