UK: Red Bull launches Special Edition flavours
Click through to view the Red Bull Special Editions cans
Red Bull has extended its Red Bull Special Editions to the UK.
The three flavour extensions, already available in other European countries including Germany, will launch in the UK in March, a spokesperson for the energy drinks company said today (8 October). The Red (cranberry), Silver (lime) and Blue (blueberry) variants will help bring new consumers to the energy category, the company said.
“We know that some consumers don’t buy into the category because they don’t like the taste of energy drinks,” said Red Bull's strategy & planning manager, Gavin Lissimore. “By offering them a range of new flavours, using the strength of the Red Bull brand, we will deliver against these concerns and ultimately drive penetration into the category.”
The 25cl cans will sell for the same price as regular Red Bull, the company said.
In Germany, Red Bull has sold about 22m Special Edition units in the past six months, the company said.
In May, Red Bull said it was still waiting on government approval to enter the Chinese market.
Earlier this month, UK pharmaceutical and "consumer healthcare" conglomerate GSK took a look at its Lucozade and Ribena brands, and set itself a choice: Does it sell the two, or does it look at settin...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review