UK: Red Bull launches Special Edition flavours
Click through to view the Red Bull Special Editions cans
Red Bull has extended its Red Bull Special Editions to the UK.
The three flavour extensions, already available in other European countries including Germany, will launch in the UK in March, a spokesperson for the energy drinks company said today (8 October). The Red (cranberry), Silver (lime) and Blue (blueberry) variants will help bring new consumers to the energy category, the company said.
“We know that some consumers don’t buy into the category because they don’t like the taste of energy drinks,” said Red Bull's strategy & planning manager, Gavin Lissimore. “By offering them a range of new flavours, using the strength of the Red Bull brand, we will deliver against these concerns and ultimately drive penetration into the category.”
The 25cl cans will sell for the same price as regular Red Bull, the company said.
In Germany, Red Bull has sold about 22m Special Edition units in the past six months, the company said.
In May, Red Bull said it was still waiting on government approval to enter the Chinese market.
Earlier this month, UK pharmaceutical and "consumer healthcare" conglomerate GSK took a look at its Lucozade and Ribena brands, and set itself a choice: Does it sell the two, or does it look at settin...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages