UK: Red Bull launches Special Edition flavours
Click through to view the Red Bull Special Editions cans
Red Bull has extended its Red Bull Special Editions to the UK.
The three flavour extensions, already available in other European countries including Germany, will launch in the UK in March, a spokesperson for the energy drinks company said today (8 October). The Red (cranberry), Silver (lime) and Blue (blueberry) variants will help bring new consumers to the energy category, the company said.
“We know that some consumers don’t buy into the category because they don’t like the taste of energy drinks,” said Red Bull's strategy & planning manager, Gavin Lissimore. “By offering them a range of new flavours, using the strength of the Red Bull brand, we will deliver against these concerns and ultimately drive penetration into the category.”
The 25cl cans will sell for the same price as regular Red Bull, the company said.
In Germany, Red Bull has sold about 22m Special Edition units in the past six months, the company said.
In May, Red Bull said it was still waiting on government approval to enter the Chinese market.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Functional Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Cereals and Grains, Beverages, Dairy Products, Snacks, and Other Functional...
Earlier this month, UK pharmaceutical and "consumer healthcare" conglomerate GSK took a look at its Lucozade and Ribena brands, and set itself a choice: Does it sell the two, or does it look at settin...
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down