UK: Red Bull joins Every Can Counts recycling programme
Red Bull has become a funding partner of Every Can Counts
Red Bull has become the first drinks company to sign up to a programme in the UK designed to encourage consumers to recycle drinks cans.
The soft drinks firm has become a funding partner of Every Can Counts (ECC), a programme developed and funded by European and UK beverage can makers and aluminium and steel packaging reprocessors. Red Bull is the first drinks brand to become involved in the programme, ECC said today (12 July).
As part of the deal, Red Bull will work with Every Can Counts to find ways of encouraging consumers to recycle drinks cans, which will involve ECC having a presence at Red Bull events across the UK.
"Joining Every Can Counts gives us the opportunity to directly support and encourage drinks can recycling among our consumers and a wider audience," said Red Bull's UK managing director Nigel Trood.
ECC will be be present at Red Bull's Flugtag event at Roundhay Park in Leeds on 17 July.
Other members include, Ball Packaging Europe, Crown Bevcan Europe and Middle East, and Rexam Beverage Can Europe & Asia.
The functional beverages category represents a key part of the functional food industry and, as such, exemplifies two defining yet contrasting characteristics of this sector of the market: Its conside...
It's crystal ball time for Ray Rowlands from DrinksInfo. This month, Ray takes a guess at what future trends in soft drinks and water will shape the categories in the months and years to come....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk