GLOBAL: Red Bull introduces cola brand
Red Bull has launched a new natural cola brand, Simply Cola, across seven global markets.
The company said on Monday (31 March) that Red Bull Simply Cola, which has "no preservatives, additives, phosphoric acid, artificial colouring or flavours", is made from 100% natural sources. It is the only cola which contains both the original kola nut and the coca leaf, Red Bull has claimed.
Red Bull UK managing director Nigel Trood said: "It may have been unexpected, but we're quite fond of surprising people and we thought it was about time we refreshed the cola category. For 20 years consumers in the UK have been using Red Bull Energy Drink when in need of a lift and we are now pleased to offer a premium and completely natural cola for when in need of refreshment. It has taken us years to create a product that we felt was of the highest quality and worthy of the Red Bull name."
The CSD will initially be launched in Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Ireland, Russia and the US (in Las Vegas) and will be available in the UK from the end of this month.
Simply Cola will roll out to the on-trade in 250ml cans, while the off-trade will receive 355ml cans, the company added.
Research suggesting that caffeine-rich energy drinks could raise blood pressure and increase the risk of heart damage has once again put the debate over the safety of these drinks in the spotlight. Me...
Colas may be the most popular type of soft drink in the world but they have historically been high in sugar, and are among the first products mentioned when rising obesity levels are being discussed. ...
Hansen Natural, owner of popular energy drink Monster, has refused to comment on whether it had entered talks with Coca-Cola....
Energy drinks should carry warning labels about the amount of caffeine they contain, a team of scientists in the US has said....
Soft drinks group AG Barr has said that growth from its core Irn-Bru brand and a new partnership with Rockstar Energy boosted sales in its first half....
Shares in Hansen Natural have leapt in price following reports that the beverage group is in talks with Coca-COla over a possible distribution agreement....
Lawyers in California have filed a class action lawsuit against beverage group Hansen Natural, accusing it of false financial statements....
A coalition of 25 US States has urged MillerCoors not to launch an extension of its alcoholic caffeine drink....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends