FRANCE: Red Bull gets French green light, with caveats
Red Bull has finally been granted the right to sell its energy drink of the same name in France, after a 10-year ban.
An agreement was signed last Friday (16 May) between French Finance minister, Christine Lagarde, and the owner of Red Bull, Dieter Mateschitz. The drink will be launched in the country in July.
"The drink is authorised in 25 of 27 European countries and there is no demonstrable evidence of danger," a government spokesperson told French media.
The French government has stipulated, however, that cans must carry warnings saying the drink is not for children or pregnant women, and that it should be consumed in moderation.
Red Bull is also reported to have agreed to pull a replacement version, containing arginine instead the usual taurine, which has been on sale in France since April this year.
Coca-Cola's distribution deal with Hansen Natural may best be summed up with the old catchphrase, 'if you can't beat them, join them'....
Hansen Natural reached a distribution deal this week with Coca-Cola Co, together with Coca-Cola Enterprises, to distribute its Monster energy drink in six Western European countries as well as Canada ...
PepsiCo Canada has announced that it will voluntarily disclose the amount of caffeine on all its product packaging, including Pepsi, Pepsi Max and Lipton Iced Tea brands....
Bebida Beverage Company is looking to increase the presence of its Piranha Spring Water brand in the US....
Strong growth for the Monster Energy drink brand has lifted sales and profit at Hansen Natural Corp in the third quarter, the group has said....
A first round of bidding has taken place for Danone's Frucor drinks division, according to reports....
Coca-Cola is it the biggest grocery brand by sales and brand value, according to a survey listing the top 100 brands in the UK....
Hansen Natural has warned that it will take a hefty charge following this week's announcement that it has secured a distribution deal with The Coca-Cola Co. and Coca-Cola Enterprises....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research