US: Red Bull flavour extensions launched in US
Click through to view Red Bull Special Editions for the US market
Red Bull is to extend its Special Editions range to the US, with 7-Eleven first to stock the new flavours.
The cranberry, lime and blueberry extensions are exclusive to 7-Eleven in the US until their nation-wide launch in March, the convenience store chain said today (13 November). Red Bull Special Editions are already available in some European countries, including Germany and the UK.
The extensions will cost the same at Red Bull's other lines, Red Bull Energy Drink, Red Bull Sugarfree and Red Bull Total Zero, 7-Eleven said.
"Red Bull is one of 7-Eleven's top-sellers and we are the largest US retailer of Red Bull," a 7-Eleven spokesperson said.
The energy drinks market in the US continues to grow despite increased scrutiny in the past year on the caffeine-based beverages.
Two Illinois senators are pushing for a wider crackdown against the energy drinks market, while Monster Beverages is facing an investigation by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the subject of a lawsuit surrounding the death of a 14 year-old girl. However, the California-based firm's CEO last week launched a strong defence of its products.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Functional Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Cereals and Grains, Beverages, Dairy Products, Snacks, and Other Functional...
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch