US: Red Bull flavour extensions launched in US
Click through to view Red Bull Special Editions for the US market
Red Bull is to extend its Special Editions range to the US, with 7-Eleven first to stock the new flavours.
The cranberry, lime and blueberry extensions are exclusive to 7-Eleven in the US until their nation-wide launch in March, the convenience store chain said today (13 November). Red Bull Special Editions are already available in some European countries, including Germany and the UK.
The extensions will cost the same at Red Bull's other lines, Red Bull Energy Drink, Red Bull Sugarfree and Red Bull Total Zero, 7-Eleven said.
"Red Bull is one of 7-Eleven's top-sellers and we are the largest US retailer of Red Bull," a 7-Eleven spokesperson said.
The energy drinks market in the US continues to grow despite increased scrutiny in the past year on the caffeine-based beverages.
Two Illinois senators are pushing for a wider crackdown against the energy drinks market, while Monster Beverages is facing an investigation by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the subject of a lawsuit surrounding the death of a 14 year-old girl. However, the California-based firm's CEO last week launched a strong defence of its products.
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- How big is MegaBrew? ABI/SAB market share, brands
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report