RUSSIA: Red Bull faces advertising breach fine - report
Red Bull is facing a fine in Russia for breaching local advertising rules, according to reports.
The Kommersant-Sibir newspaper said today that the Russian arm of the soft drinks company has been hit with legal action by the Federal Antimonopoly Service (FAS) for the Siberian region of Krasnoyarsk.
The paper cited regional FAS director Oleg Kharchenko as saying that Red Bull had been running a Mini Cooper with a model of a Red Bull can on it around the streets of Krasnoyarsk. The use of vehicles for advertising in the region is forbidden by law, however.
Should the FAS win the challenge, Red Bull Russia could face a fine of up to RUB500,000 (US$19,721), the paper said.
No-one was available for comment at Red Bull's head office in Austria when contacted by just-drinks today (13 September).
The Christmas season may be a time notorious for over-indulgence, but soft drinks companies see it as a key period for adult soft drinks, where the emphasis is increasingly on healthy offerings. Annet...
Anheuser Busch has responded to recent legal threats from an activist group in the US over its caffeinated alcoholic drinks, suggesting the group is simply interested in generating publicity....
Anheuser-Busch and Miller Brewing have been hit with subpoenas in the US over their sales and marketing of their caffeinated alcoholic drinks brands....
Jones Soda Co. has teamed up with Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air to serve its drinks on their daily flights....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Concha y Toro sees H1 profits, sales jump - result
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review