UK: Red Bull claims no dispute over beer trademark
Red Bull said the dispute has been solved
Red Bull has responded to the growing backlash over a trademark battle involving a UK brewer by claiming it is not aware a “dispute” exists and the company can keep its trademark for its beer.
Redwell Brewing said earlier today it had received a cease-and-desist letter from the energy drinks firm asking it to change its name because of its alleged similarity to Red Bull. Redwell said changing its name would be “disastrous" for the company.
But in a statement to just-drinks today (14 August), Red Bull said: “There is no dispute here. Red Bull has long been willing to allow Redwell to maintain its mark for beer so long as they do not use it for energy drinks. Redwell's solicitor has agreed to this.”
However, when contacted by just-drinks, Mike Baxter, one of Redwell's directors, said he was not aware of any amiable resolution. “All we have still is the original paperwork telling us to drop the trademark,” he said. “We would love to have this off our shoulders, we are only a small operation.”
Red Bull North America Inc in Soft Drinks (USA)
According to the global company website, Red Bull is focusing on the core markets of Western Europe and the US, as well as the growth markets of Brazil, Japan, India and China. The company is also con...read more
In the second part of this month's just-drinks management briefing, which looks at the year ahead, global market research and analysis provider Euromonitor considers the next 12 months for those worki...
According to the global company website, Red Bull is focusing on the core markets of Western Europe and the US, as well as the growth markets of Brazil, Japan, India and China. The company is also con...
Ahead of the Oscars, due to be handed out in just over a month's time, Richard Corbett has some gongs of his own to hand out. In recognition of the best new soft drinks products in 2013, who will win ...
Functional Drinks in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast ...
How concerned are consumers of energy drinks about the health effects? What brands do they prefer and where do they drink the products? ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports/Energy Foods, and Sports/Energy Drinks....
After the Denver Broncos were comprehensibly beaten by the Seattle Seahawks 43-8 in yesterday's Super Bowl, some suggested the team needn't have shown up. Could the same have applied to advertisers? ...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages