FRANCE: Red Bull changes recipe to get French clearance
Red Bull has been launched on to the French market after a ten-year long legal battle in the country.
Dozens of Red Bull mini cars homed in on the Champs Elysees in central Paris this week to mark the official launch of Red Bull in the country. Cans of the drink were also handed out at Parisian colleges and schools. The French Food Safety Authority (Afssa) had previously banned the drink because of the presence of the amino acid taurine.
Red Bull said it has replaced taurine with a different amino acoid, Arginine. "The beneficial effects of Red Bull will be the same as in the billions of Red Bulls sold around the world every year," the company said in a statement.
It is believed to be the first time the company, started by Swiss businessman Dietrick Mateschitz in 1987, has agreed to change the recipe for Red Bull, which is also banned in some Scandinavian countries.
Research suggesting that caffeine-rich energy drinks could raise blood pressure and increase the risk of heart damage has once again put the debate over the safety of these drinks in the spotlight. Me...
Colas may be the most popular type of soft drink in the world but they have historically been high in sugar, and are among the first products mentioned when rising obesity levels are being discussed. ...
Shares in Hansen Natural have leapt in price following reports that the beverage group is in talks with Coca-COla over a possible distribution agreement....
Consumer demand for natural products has sparked a new generation of energy drinks, according to new research....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research