AUSTRIA: Red Bull 2008 sales up nearly 8%
Red Bull has posted a healthy lift in sales for 2008.
The Austria-based energy drink producer said earlier this week that its sales last year registered a 7.9% increase year-on-year, totalling EUR3.323bn (US$4.309bn). Sales volumes also rose, by 13.2% on 2007.
Besides the successful launch of Red Bull Cola, the company put the main reason behind the positive figures down to "excellent" sales in Red Bull's core market Europe (+12%), as well as in Red Bull's up-and-coming markets, the Far East (+79%), Canada (+50%), the Middle East (+31%) and South America (+26%).
The company said its market entry into France and the establishment of a distribution subsidiary in the country, as well as the sponsorship of Formula One Italy-based Toro Rosso team, were among the highlights of the past year.
"Despite the difficulties presented by the global economic downturn, our plans for growth and investment in the business year 2009 remain - typically for Red Bull - very ambitious, but continue to rest on an excellent and conservative financial footing," the company said in a statement.
Soft drinks giant Red Bull has been fined GBP261,000 (US$428,000) after admitting to a string of environmental breaches....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has lined up an addition to its Relentless energy drink brand in the UK....
Frucor Beverages, the Australasian drinks group owned by Japan's Suntory, has signed a deal to acquire New Zealand fruit drinks firm Simply Squeezed Holdings....
Red Bull has succeeded in its request for a probe by the US International Trade Commission into grey market imports of the energy drink into the US....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has agreed a multiyear agreement to distribute Rockstar Energy Drink in Mexico....
US-based soft drinks company Reed's has entered into a sale-leaseback transaction on two buildings in Los Angeles for an undisclosed amount in a bid to cut debt....
Red Bull has filed a complaint with the US International Trade Commission (ITC) against six companies, accusing them of infringing its trademark rights....
Several countries have said that they are examining cans of Red Bull drinks for traces of cocaine, as the Austria-based energy drinks group attempts to stem a growing backlash against its products....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets