AUSTRIA: Red Bull 2008 sales up nearly 8%
Red Bull has posted a healthy lift in sales for 2008.
The Austria-based energy drink producer said earlier this week that its sales last year registered a 7.9% increase year-on-year, totalling EUR3.323bn (US$4.309bn). Sales volumes also rose, by 13.2% on 2007.
Besides the successful launch of Red Bull Cola, the company put the main reason behind the positive figures down to "excellent" sales in Red Bull's core market Europe (+12%), as well as in Red Bull's up-and-coming markets, the Far East (+79%), Canada (+50%), the Middle East (+31%) and South America (+26%).
The company said its market entry into France and the establishment of a distribution subsidiary in the country, as well as the sponsorship of Formula One Italy-based Toro Rosso team, were among the highlights of the past year.
"Despite the difficulties presented by the global economic downturn, our plans for growth and investment in the business year 2009 remain - typically for Red Bull - very ambitious, but continue to rest on an excellent and conservative financial footing," the company said in a statement.
Soft drinks giant Red Bull has been fined GBP261,000 (US$428,000) after admitting to a string of environmental breaches....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has lined up an addition to its Relentless energy drink brand in the UK....
Frucor Beverages, the Australasian drinks group owned by Japan's Suntory, has signed a deal to acquire New Zealand fruit drinks firm Simply Squeezed Holdings....
Red Bull has succeeded in its request for a probe by the US International Trade Commission into grey market imports of the energy drink into the US....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has agreed a multiyear agreement to distribute Rockstar Energy Drink in Mexico....
US-based soft drinks company Reed's has entered into a sale-leaseback transaction on two buildings in Los Angeles for an undisclosed amount in a bid to cut debt....
Red Bull has filed a complaint with the US International Trade Commission (ITC) against six companies, accusing them of infringing its trademark rights....
Several countries have said that they are examining cans of Red Bull drinks for traces of cocaine, as the Austria-based energy drinks group attempts to stem a growing backlash against its products....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages