AUSTRIA: Red Bull 2004 sales soar
Red Bull has seen its sales leap by almost a third last year. The Austrian energy drink company said over the weekend that sales in 2004 hit €1.668bn (US$2.141bn), a rise of 32.3% year-on-year. Profit and production also increased, with 1,935bn cans being sold.
While sales in the US were up last year by 50%, in Australia and South America, sales were up by 40%.
Red Bull said that it set up subsidiaries in Canada, Turkey, Russia and Romania last year. The company targets further expansion in Mexico, Turkey, Russia, Canada, the Near and Middle East. It will fund this expansion from cash flow.
The company is 49%-owned by its founder Dietrich Mateschitz, with the remaining 51% being held by Thai businessman Chaleo Yovidhya and his son.
As in most markets, Red Bull leads the burgeoning energy drinks category in both Slovakia and the Czech Republic. But growth in the sector has attracted a number of other players. Lubomir Sedlak repor...
Cott Corporation's acquisition of UK drinks company Macaw cements its UK division's position as the leading producer of own label soft drinks in the country. Annette Sessions assesses the deal and rep...
The functional drinks sector remains something of a niche market in Eastern Europe but there is clearly growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, assesses the state o...
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Functional drinks have been a growth area of the US soft drinks market since the late-1990s. Roger Dilworth reports on the development of the sector and current brand activity....
Austrian drinks group Red Bull has confirmed that it is in talks to buy US soccer team New York MetroStars....
Austrian energy drinks group Red Bull saw revenues leap almost 29% in 2005, buoyed by "outstanding development" in four key regions, including the US....
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends