TFWA: Record visitor, exhibitor numbers at TFWA 2012 - organisers
There was a 4% increase in TFWA visitors this year, organisers said
The TFWA World Exhibition broke the 6,000-visitor mark for the first time this year, organisers have said.
The five-day event, which ended on Friday (26 October), saw 6,074 guests pass through the doors, a 4% rise on last year, TFWA's organiser said yesterday (29 October). A record 462 companies exhibited at the Palais des Festivals in Cannes, five more than last year.
For visitor turn-out, domestic delegates led the way, while the UK was the second most-represented country, followed by Germany, UAE, the US, South Korea and Russia, TFWA said.
Head of brands at Morrison Bowmore Distillers Kirsteen Beeston said: “(TFWA) demonstrates to operators in places like Asia the success of our brands in Europe … and proving to them that we have serious brands that they need.”
First-time visitor Jett Yang, from Mongolian vodka maker APU, said the event helped emerging companies keep costs down.
“It's so difficult to meet contacts and clients all in one place,” said APU export MD Yang. “Here in Cannes, I have met more than 100 people, none of them from the same company.
“If I had to meet them all at their offices it would have cost a lot more money,” Yang said, adding that the event is “priceless” to APU.
Next year's TFWA World Exhibition will take place from 20 to 25 October in Cannes.
The travel retail MEDFA Conference takes place in Dubai on 26 and 27 November, while China launches the inaugural Industry Conference on China in Beijing on 5 to 7 March.
The TFWA Asia-Pacific Conference & Exhibition is held in Singapore from 12 to 16 May.
Companies: Morrison Bowmore Distillers
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends