UK: Ray Liotta stars in Heineken ad
Heineken is to debut a new advertising campaign in the UK featuring Hollywood actor Ray Liotta, who is most famous for his role in GoodFellas.
The advertising, in which Liotta reprises his role as the tough-talking wise guy, is part of Heineken's continued effort to remind UK drinkers of its premium quality offering and the change from a 3.4% to 5% ABV.
The advertising is part of a £7.5m media spend this year, and part of an overall £25m UK marketing investment.
In the new ad, Liotta plays an enforcer, sent by the brewers to 'explain' to an unsuspecting member of the public the error of his ways in not finishing his pint of Heineken a few nights earlier. The man is woken in the middle of the night and escorted from his suburban home to the Heineken brewery in Holland where Liotta points out how Heineken has changed.
"I enjoyed making this ad for Heineken and learning about how they make their beer," said Liotta. "The idea of showing up on someone's doorstep at 3am and berating them for not respecting the beer kind of appealed to me."
John Ricketts, off-trade sales director at Heineken UK said: "More and more drinkers and shoppers now know that Heineken has changed in the UK from 3.4% ABV to 5%. Using Ray Liotta's powerful screen presence to communicate this message even more memorably will mean more consumers choose Heineken."
The ad was directed by Bryan Buckley and filmed in New York, where Liotta is starring in his debut performance on Broadway in 'Match'.
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Montana, the UK's leading New Zealand wine brand by volume and value, is to launch a its first consumer press campaign in April 2005 which will run for a minimum of four months. ...
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends