AUSTRALIA: Rathbone buys Parker Coonawarra Estates
The Rathbone Family Group and directors of Parker Estates Pty Ltd today announced that an agreement has been reached for the Rathbone family to acquire the business and assets of Coonawarra's, Parker Coonawarra Estates.
The acquisition will be completed in May 2004. The sale price has not been disclosed.
Parker Coonawarra Estates was founded by the late John L Parker in the mid 1980s and the wines and produces three wines - Terra Rossa First Growth, Terra Rossa Cabernet Sauvignon and Terra Rossa Merlot.
"We have always had great respect for John and the Parker family. We are committed to continuing the ethos of the Parker family and upholding the remarkable integrity of this brand,' said Darren Rathbone, winemaker and technical director.
Rathbone Family Group commercial director, Gordon Gebbie said the super-premium Parker Coonawarra Estates is an exciting and complementary addition to the family's wine portfolio, which comprises Victorian wineries, Yering Station in the Yarra Valley and Mount Langi Ghiran in the Grampians region.
"This acquisition reinforces the Rathbone family's ongoing commitment to excellence, producing quality, Australian wines of distinction," added Gebbie.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research