UK: Rankin takes snapshot of Edrington’s Macallan
Produced in association with Scottish photographer Rankin, the whisky is presented in a black leather box, lined with velvet and containing an original Rankin Polaroid.
Each bottle, available at an RRP of GBP899 from luxury retailers in the UK, will have an individually printed label which matches the specific Polaroid contained within the box and a booklet of authenticity signed by Rankin.
Rankin was invited to The Macallan's Speyside estate, where he photographed a series of 1,000 black and white images for the bottles.
Ken Grier, director of malts at The Edrington Group, said the move was "daring".
He said: "Demand for The Macallan's range of premium whiskies has increased by 87% over the last five years, particularly in our overseas markets and we have increased our production at The Macallan distillery to keep pace with this.
"We anticipate that The Masters of Photography bottle will generate interest amongst a wider consumer audience and will prove highly collectable both by whisky and art lovers."
The images depict a range of locations around The Macallan estate, including Easter Elchies House, the distillery, dedicated craftspeople and still life images of the surrounding flora and fauna.
The Macallan Masters of Photography Fine Oak 30 Year Old bottles will be available for purchase globally and will be launched in Russia, Singapore, Korea and the US over the next few months.
Yesterday (1 April) signalled both an end and a beginning for Maxxium, the global sales and distribution joint venture created by Beam Global Spirits & Wine, The Edrington Group and Remy Cointreau in ...
Champagne and Cognac group Rémy Cointreau watched its full-year sales slip by 11.6% this week as demand for premium alcohol continued to drop. Michelle Russell assesses the group's prospects....
A shake-up is underway in the global spirits industry, with Beam Global Spirits & Wine potentially under threat and the emergence of a "new Maxxium" on the cards, an industry analyst has told the Worl...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is phasing out the 15-year-old version of its Laphroaig Scotch whisky brand, in favour of a new, 18-year-old variant....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has started the dstribution of Russian Standard Vodka in Canada....
The colour edition of The Macallan Masters of Photography bottling will have its European launch this month, with Gebr Heinemann in the Luxury Lounge at Frankfurt Airport....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine and The Edrington Group have launched their new sales and distribution alliance today (1 April), following Remy Cointreau's exit from the Maxxium joint venture....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends