UK: Raise a cheer to beef and beer
British Beef and Beer Day will be celebrated in pubs and restaurants around the country on November 23 when the public's appetites will be whetted with succulent beef washed down with a pint.
Last year's event was timed to coincide with France's Beaujolais Nouveau Day - taking place tomorrow - as a protest against France's continuing illegal ban on British beef.
NFU President Ben Gill said: "The idea of celebrating British food and drink proved so popular with shoppers and farmers alike last year that we decided to hold it again.
"The quality of British farm produce today is of the highest standard in the world and we are proud of this fact.
"Members of the public who want an alternative celebration next week can join the festivities of British Beef and Beer Day to show their pride in home-grown food."
Breweries supporting the event include Old English Inns, based in Hertfordshire, and Robinson's of Cheshire.
Notes to editors:
*Details of events are available from regional public relations officers:
North West - Gill Haigh 01695 554 900
West Midlands - Caren Davies 01952 409 222
East Midlands - Alison Pratt 01572 824 250
Central - Tom Bewley 01865 887 800
South West - Ian Johnson 01392 440 700
South East - Isobel Bretherton 01730 408 000
Wales - Leigh Roberts 01792 774 848
East Anglia - Brian Finnerty 01638 672 126
North East - Rob Simpson 01904 451 550
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research