UK: Raise a cheer to beef and beer
The NFU is to hold its second British Beef and Beer Day following last year's successful event urging the public to raise a glass to the best of British produce. British Beef and Beer Day will be celebrated in pubs and restaurants around the country on November 23 when the public's appetites will be whetted with succulent beef washed down with a pint.Last year's event was timed to coincide with France's Beaujolais Nouveau Day - taking place tomorrow - as a protest against France's continuing illegal ban on British beef. NFU President Ben Gill said: "The idea of celebrating British food and drink proved so popular with shoppers and farmers alike last year that we decided to hold it again. "The quality of British farm produce today is of the highest standard in the world and we are proud of this fact. "Members of the public who want an alternative celebration next week can join the festivities of British Beef and Beer Day to show their pride in home-grown food."Breweries supporting the event include Old English Inns, based in Hertfordshire, and Robinson's of Cheshire.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review