UK: Raise a cheer to beef and beer
The NFU is to hold its second British Beef and Beer Day following last year's successful event urging the public to raise a glass to the best of British produce. British Beef and Beer Day will be celebrated in pubs and restaurants around the country on November 23 when the public's appetites will be whetted with succulent beef washed down with a pint.Last year's event was timed to coincide with France's Beaujolais Nouveau Day - taking place tomorrow - as a protest against France's continuing illegal ban on British beef. NFU President Ben Gill said: "The idea of celebrating British food and drink proved so popular with shoppers and farmers alike last year that we decided to hold it again. "The quality of British farm produce today is of the highest standard in the world and we are proud of this fact. "Members of the public who want an alternative celebration next week can join the festivities of British Beef and Beer Day to show their pride in home-grown food."Breweries supporting the event include Old English Inns, based in Hertfordshire, and Robinson's of Cheshire.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup