UK: Raise a cheer to beef and beer
British Beef and Beer Day will be celebrated in pubs and restaurants around the country on November 23 when the public's appetites will be whetted with succulent beef washed down with a pint.
Last year's event was timed to coincide with France's Beaujolais Nouveau Day - taking place tomorrow - as a protest against France's continuing illegal ban on British beef.
NFU President Ben Gill said: "The idea of celebrating British food and drink proved so popular with shoppers and farmers alike last year that we decided to hold it again.
"The quality of British farm produce today is of the highest standard in the world and we are proud of this fact.
"Members of the public who want an alternative celebration next week can join the festivities of British Beef and Beer Day to show their pride in home-grown food."
Breweries supporting the event include Old English Inns, based in Hertfordshire, and Robinson's of Cheshire.
Notes to editors:
*Details of events are available from regional public relations officers:
North West - Gill Haigh 01695 554 900
West Midlands - Caren Davies 01952 409 222
East Midlands - Alison Pratt 01572 824 250
Central - Tom Bewley 01865 887 800
South West - Ian Johnson 01392 440 700
South East - Isobel Bretherton 01730 408 000
Wales - Leigh Roberts 01792 774 848
East Anglia - Brian Finnerty 01638 672 126
North East - Rob Simpson 01904 451 550
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World