UK: Raise a cheer to beef and beer
The NFU is to hold its second British Beef and Beer Day following last year's successful event urging the public to raise a glass to the best of British produce. British Beef and Beer Day will be celebrated in pubs and restaurants around the country on November 23 when the public's appetites will be whetted with succulent beef washed down with a pint.Last year's event was timed to coincide with France's Beaujolais Nouveau Day - taking place tomorrow - as a protest against France's continuing illegal ban on British beef. NFU President Ben Gill said: "The idea of celebrating British food and drink proved so popular with shoppers and farmers alike last year that we decided to hold it again. "The quality of British farm produce today is of the highest standard in the world and we are proud of this fact. "Members of the public who want an alternative celebration next week can join the festivities of British Beef and Beer Day to show their pride in home-grown food."Breweries supporting the event include Old English Inns, based in Hertfordshire, and Robinson's of Cheshire.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Inchdairnie and the quiet whisky revolution
- Britvic's H1 Performance by Region - Focus
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- SABMiller issues currency alert as Africa weakens
- Purity Vodka appoints new CEO
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends