Radico Khaitan's Rampur Indian single malt whisky - Product Launch
Radico Khaitan's Rampur Indian whisky
Radico Khaitan's Rampur Indian single malt whisky
Category - Spirits, whisky, Indian, single malt, 43% abv
Available - From 1 May
Location - Globally, including the Global Travel Retail channel
Price - RRP of US$70 per 75cl bottle
Radico Khaitan has lined up the global release of a new single malt Indian whisky. Rampur was unveiled earlier this week at the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America Convention & Exposition in Las Vegas.
Produced as a non-chill filtered single malt, the no-age statement liquid comes from India's largest distillery, which is located in Rampur in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Touted as the Kohinoor of single malts, Rampur is presented in canister packaging in a stout bottle with a thick base. The overall appearance is described by the company as "under-stated luxury". There is also an addition of a cork with sleeve and a silk pouch.
In late-2014, Japan's Suntory Holdings was rumoured to be considering a stake purchase in Radico Khaitan, although the group declined to comment on the reports.
Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
The recent growth trajectory of non-Scotch whiskies shows no sign of waning in the 2015-20 period, with The IWSR predicting extra sales of some 74m cases over the period. Both US and Irish whiskey ben...read more
Radico Khaitan will release its Rampur Indian single malt whisky in the UK next month. ...
Single malt whiskey by definition needs to be made at a single distillery. It is made from fermented mash made with malted grain....
In 2015, the global whiskey market was the third largest segment and also the fastest growing segment in the global spirits market and is expected to register a CAGR of more than 5% between 2016 and 2...
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne