INDIA: Radico Khaitan to open new distillery - report
Radico Khaitan is setting up shop in Maharashtra, according to local reports.
The spirit manufacturer and producer of 8PM whisky is commissioning a distillery in Aurangabad in the state within the next two months, the Economic Times reported today (20 June).
The INR13.5bn (US$314m) distillery is designed to help Radico Khaitan increase its presence in the state's spirits market by reducing transportation and logistics costs, the paper said.
"The distillery which will produce molasses based spirit will roll out all the existing brands of Radico Khaitan," Radico Khaitan president for sales and marketing, Raju Vaziraney, told the paper.
Maharashtra is seen as a significant market for spirit makers and United Spirits, UB's spirit arm, sells around 6m cases in the region, which consumes 9m cases every year.
Officials at Radico Khaitan told the paper that the company plans to raise the profile of 8PM whisky to a national brand and is hoping to change its position in the Maharashtra market once the distillery commences operations.
Brown spirits, led by whisky, are making a comeback in the US market, according to new research....
Central European Distribution Organisation, the wine and spirits group, has said it has signed a deal to refinance its short-term debt, enabling it to continue investing in key growth markets....
Diageo has recruited Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton alongside rival Mika Häkkinen for anti-drink drive campaign in the UK....
Diageo Great Britain has reported strong growth in off-trade wine & spirits volumes in the countdown to Christmas....
Diageo has lined up a brace of television adverts in the US for its Crown Royal Canadian blended whisky brand....
Maxxium UK has added a new figure to The Famous Grouse television campaign....
Pernod Ricard has replaced the 14-year-old version of its Scapa Scotch whisky brand with a 16-year-old variant....
Diageo, the global drinks giant, has launched and priced a EUR1bn fixed-rate bond under its European Debt Issuance Programme....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends