INDIA: Radico Khaitan to block Diageo JV deal
Radico Khaitan said this week: "The shareholding pattern in Diageo-Radico Distilleries is not to be altered and Diageo Highlands BV and Radico Khaitan will continue to have 50:50 stake in the JV."
The Diageo Radico JV last month received the nod from the Indian Government for Diageo to take a 100% stake in the venture.
However, the Government clearance comes with a rider called Press Note 1 of 2005, under which any foreign company operating in the country through a joint venture has to seek a no-objection certificate from its Indian partner before investing in other firms in the same segment.
A Diageo India spokesperson declined to comment to just-drinks on the issue.
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites