INDIA: Radico Khaitan to block Diageo JV deal
Radico Khaitan said this week: "The shareholding pattern in Diageo-Radico Distilleries is not to be altered and Diageo Highlands BV and Radico Khaitan will continue to have 50:50 stake in the JV."
The Diageo Radico JV last month received the nod from the Indian Government for Diageo to take a 100% stake in the venture.
However, the Government clearance comes with a rider called Press Note 1 of 2005, under which any foreign company operating in the country through a joint venture has to seek a no-objection certificate from its Indian partner before investing in other firms in the same segment.
A Diageo India spokesperson declined to comment to just-drinks on the issue.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018