INDIA: Radico Khaitan to block Diageo JV deal
Radico Khaitan said this week: "The shareholding pattern in Diageo-Radico Distilleries is not to be altered and Diageo Highlands BV and Radico Khaitan will continue to have 50:50 stake in the JV."
The Diageo Radico JV last month received the nod from the Indian Government for Diageo to take a 100% stake in the venture.
However, the Government clearance comes with a rider called Press Note 1 of 2005, under which any foreign company operating in the country through a joint venture has to seek a no-objection certificate from its Indian partner before investing in other firms in the same segment.
A Diageo India spokesperson declined to comment to just-drinks on the issue.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018