INDIA: Radico Khaitan to block Diageo JV deal
Radico Khaitan said this week: "The shareholding pattern in Diageo-Radico Distilleries is not to be altered and Diageo Highlands BV and Radico Khaitan will continue to have 50:50 stake in the JV."
The Diageo Radico JV last month received the nod from the Indian Government for Diageo to take a 100% stake in the venture.
However, the Government clearance comes with a rider called Press Note 1 of 2005, under which any foreign company operating in the country through a joint venture has to seek a no-objection certificate from its Indian partner before investing in other firms in the same segment.
A Diageo India spokesperson declined to comment to just-drinks on the issue.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review