INDIA: Radico Khaitan to block Diageo JV deal
Radico Khaitan said this week: "The shareholding pattern in Diageo-Radico Distilleries is not to be altered and Diageo Highlands BV and Radico Khaitan will continue to have 50:50 stake in the JV."
The Diageo Radico JV last month received the nod from the Indian Government for Diageo to take a 100% stake in the venture.
However, the Government clearance comes with a rider called Press Note 1 of 2005, under which any foreign company operating in the country through a joint venture has to seek a no-objection certificate from its Indian partner before investing in other firms in the same segment.
A Diageo India spokesperson declined to comment to just-drinks on the issue.
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"