INDIA: Radico Khaitan sees COO head to Jagatjit Industries
Raju Vaziraney had been with Radico Khaitan for ten years
Radico Khaitan has lined up a management restructure following the recent departure of its long-serving chief operating office.
The company, which is India's second-largest spirits producer, said late last week that Raju Vaziraney, who was with Radico for ten years, has moved to rival firm Jagatjit Industries to become an executive director. Radico’s marketing head, Rahul Gagerna, has subsequently been appointed president of sales and marketing.
William & Grant’s former business development manager in India, Ankur Sachdeva, will be looking after Radico’s international division.
"The new structure and the young leadership will help the company to lead the way in profitable growth," Radico MD Abhishek Khaitan, said in a media statement.
Earlier this month, Radico reported a slight lift in net profit to INR220m (US$4.1m) for its third quarter, the three months to the end of December. Net sales were up by 10.9% year-on-year, totalling INR4.5bn.
In June last year, the firm stepped back from its spirits production joint venture with Diageo in the country.
This month, Ian Buxton runs the rule over Diageo's recently-announced spirits start-up support programme....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- SWA eyes London boost with new office
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018