Radico Khaitan rolls out Rampur Indian single malt whisky to UK
Radico Khaitan's Rampur will roll out to the UK next month
Radico Khaitan will release its Rampur Indian single malt whisky in the UK next month.
The 43% abv whisky is distilled in copper pot stills and is non-chill filtered. Rampur does not carry an age statement. The distillery is in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
"Single malt consumers prefer uniqueness in the taste," said Sanjeev Banga, president of international business for Radico Khaitan. "They are always keen to try a new malt."
The brand is now available in the US, Germany, UAE, Hong Kong, Singapore, Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Malaysia, Japan and the UK.
In its most recent results, Radico Khaitan reported a slight fall in full-year sales as it looked to focus on higher-margin spirits.
Last month, the Diageo-controlled United Spirits released a honey-flavoured version of its flagship IMFL whisky brand, McDowell's No. 1, in India.
Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
The recent growth trajectory of non-Scotch whiskies shows no sign of waning in the 2015-20 period, with The IWSR predicting extra sales of some 74m cases over the period. Both US and Irish whiskey ben...read more
Single malt whiskey by definition needs to be made at a single distillery. It is made from fermented mash made with malted grain....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Stock Spirits, Distell add UK to partnership
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts