INDIA: Radico Khaitan forms UK, Africa JVs
Radico Khaitan, the second-largest spirits manufacturer in India, has entered into joint ventures in the UK and western Africa.
According to local reports, the ventures will help the company roll out its brands in the UK and African markets. Radico Khaitan has plans to handle the sales, marketing and distribution functions while the manufacturing will be outsourced to the local partners. Production is likely to begin later this month.
Radico Khaitan's Contessa rum and Magic Moments vodka are said to be set to enter the UK market while the company's whiskey brands - 8PM, Whytehall and Special Appointment will be rolled out into Africa.
Officials at Radico Khaitan were unavailable for comment as just-drinks went to press.
Having pioneered the super-premium vodka category in Russia, billionaire entrepreneur Roustam Tariko is eyeing international markets with his Russian Standard Original and Imperia brands, looking to b...
Global drinks force Pernod Ricard has announced the UK launch of its super-premium vodka brand Wyborowa Exquisite....
A New Zealand businessman has bought a stake in juice company Charlie's....
Constellation Wines' US arm is embarking on a host of festive season promotions to drive sales of five drinks brands....
Coca-Cola Amatil has secured a deal to sell and distribute Maxxium Worldwide's spirits portfolio in Australia....
Absolut Vodka has broken the one-million case barrier for a month....
Bacardi has secured a tie-up for its flagship rum brand with US basketball team the Boston Celtics....
Poland's leading vodka producer Central European Distribution Corporation has seen profits more than double during the third quarter....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research