INDIA: Radico Khaitan eyes overseas acquisitions
Indian spirits group Radico Khaitan is looking to expand its presence overseas.
Managing director Abhishek Khaitan told just-drinks that the company was "open to any kind of joint venture, and acquisitions of distilleries and brands on the international market".
An acquisition could be made in the premium whisky segment where the company is looking to fill a gap in its portfolio. Khaitan said the company could finalise such a deal by the end of the year.
Radico Khaitan has hired Rabo India Securities as a strategic adviser to look out for international and domestic spirit brands up for sale.
Radico Khaitan has been on an expansion drive and recently entered into white spirits with Magic Moments Vodka. The brand has been unveiled in selected markets in the north of India and will be launched nationwide soon.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer