INDIA: Radico Khaitan confirms US$75m share sale
Radico Khaitan has raised US$75m from a share sale
Radico Khaitan has succeeded in its aim to raise around US$75m from a share sale.
The Indian spirits producer confirmed to just-drinks yesterday (17 March) that it has completed a share sale to institutions in the country.
Radico Khaitan, which has had a joint venture in India with Diageo for the last three years, said that it intends to use the net proceeds of the issue “primarily for repayment of existing loans, working capital requirements and general corporate purposes”.
“Pending utilisation for the purposes described, our company intends to temporarily invest funds in creditworthy instruments, including money market mutual funds, and deposits with banks and corporates,” the spokesperson added.
Radico announced back in November that it was looking to raise around $80m in return for equity shares.
The Glenmorangie Company is to move into new headquarters in central Edinburgh....
William Grant & Sons' UK distribution, sales and marketing unit, First Drinks, has appointed a new marketing director....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends