INDIA: Radico Khaitan confirms US$75m share sale
Radico Khaitan has raised US$75m from a share sale
Radico Khaitan has succeeded in its aim to raise around US$75m from a share sale.
The Indian spirits producer confirmed to just-drinks yesterday (17 March) that it has completed a share sale to institutions in the country.
Radico Khaitan, which has had a joint venture in India with Diageo for the last three years, said that it intends to use the net proceeds of the issue “primarily for repayment of existing loans, working capital requirements and general corporate purposes”.
“Pending utilisation for the purposes described, our company intends to temporarily invest funds in creditworthy instruments, including money market mutual funds, and deposits with banks and corporates,” the spokesperson added.
Radico announced back in November that it was looking to raise around $80m in return for equity shares.
The Glenmorangie Company is to move into new headquarters in central Edinburgh....
William Grant & Sons' UK distribution, sales and marketing unit, First Drinks, has appointed a new marketing director....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research