INDIA: Radico enjoys buoyant Q3 earnings
Indian spirits group Radico Khaitan has reported a 22% jump in third-quarter profits.
The distiller said today (30 January) that it saw net profit for the three months to 31 December reach INR390.6m (US$8.9m). Turnover leapt 31% to INR1.1bn, Indian newspaper The Economic Times said.
Radico Khaitan chairman and MD Lalit Khaitan said the company to launch a new brand "shortly" alongside UK drinks giant Diageo. The two companies joined forces last year with the formation of a venture to develop Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) brands.
Radico Khaitan is also eyeing a possible acquisition of the liquor assets of South India-based Amruth Group.
The Jagdale family-promoted group is planning to off-load three brands - Old Port Rum, Bejois Brandy and Prestige Whisky - and its distillery in the Indian state of Kerala.
Smirnoff and Johnnie Walker may make Diageo more money, but there is no more iconic brand in its portfolio than Guinness. Nevertheless, speculation continues that Diageo may sell off its main beer bra...
Terms like heritage, authenticity and personality can be seen as the building-blocks of brand image, but to establish an instant connection with consumers these attributes have to be captured visually...
Italian liqueur Pallini Limoncello has received its first off-trade listing in the UK....
The chairman of Diageo has announced his retirement....
Diageo Great Britain is launching a new bottle for Morgan's Spiced Rum in the UK....
Diageo has appointed a new chief financial officer for its North American unit....
Patrón Spirits Company has increased its distribution for its portfolio in the UK....
The Diageo-owned brewer Guinness has been the victim of an adulteration scam in Nigeria....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Suntory, Asahi settle court fight - report
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends