GERMANY: Radeberger makes brewery acquisition
The German brewer Radeberger Gruppe has acquired a 50% stake in Stuttgarter Hofbrau AG, it was announced yesterday, for €60m.
"For the future, the contract provides Radeberger the opportunity to take a larger stake via fixed put and call options," Stuttgarter Hofbraeu also said.
The move follows comments by Radeberger on Monday that it wanted "to play a continuing role in the consolidation of the German beer market."
The two brewers said that along with organic growth, they will also look to make further acquisitions in the region of Baden-Wuerttemberg.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends