FRANCE: Racke/KWV launch joint venture
After two and a half years of market research and product development the two launched Golden Kaan, a South African wine brand, which will comprise a Classic range and a Winemaker's Reserve.
The internationql launch follows the brand's German launch at Prowein earlier in the year.
Racke, a family concern from Bingen on the Rhine, with a €1 billion annual turnover, will be responsible for the international marketing and distribution, with key markets such as the USA, UK, Scandinavia and Far East markets among those earmarked.
Marian Kopp, managing director of Racke International, said: "I foresee an exciting future for this brand. I am sure that its quality, style and presentation will appeal to palates in many countries, offering a unique experience to wine consumers."
Vernon Davis, managing director of KWV International, added: "Golden Kaan will fill a niche in the global wine market with its New World wine style, exciting promotional material and great quality."
There's nothing else like it in the just-drinks calendar. Three days, one venue and almost all our contacts, clients and collaborators under one roof. This year's London International Wine & Spirit Fa...
The flavouring scandal that rocked KWV at the end of last year has been the trigger for an upheaval in the way the South African leader will approach winemaking in the future. Chris Brook-Carter spoke...
Recently published research indicates that while consumers have taken to the clear and modern marketing techniques employed by New World producers, they still cherish the romance and mystique of wine,...
US wine and spirits distributor New World Brands has appointed David Rudden as CEO....
Golden Kaan is to launch in the UK....
KWV has revamped its entry level brand in the UK Pearly Bay with a new label and outer packaging....
KWV International has launched the second phase of its assault on the South African market with the introduction of its KWV 3-year-old brandy and Cathedral Cellar and KWV Classic ranges as it expands ...
After more than three months of negotiations, 94 employees at KWV SA, the production wing of KWV Limited, have taken either a severance package, early retirement or have been retrenched. Originally 10...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018