GERMANY: Racke in Latin American push
German wine group Racke has announced plans to increase its focus on Latin American markets, appointing an export director specifically for these markets.
The company has named Pablo Navarro as its export director Latin America. He will be responsible for developing sales of the company's joint venture brands, Espíritu de Chile and Golden Kaan, as well as Vitae, the company's Italian wine brand.
Racke said Navarro's primary task would be to expand current distribution and open new markets, with particular emphasis on Brazil and Mexico.
He will be based in Chile, and report to Marian Kopp, managing director of Golden Kaan, and Ernesto Muller, managing director of Espíritu de Chile.
Navarro formerly worked as a regional export manager for Chilean wine company Concha y Toro.
Having seen Chile blaze a trail in export markets, Argentina is now asserting itself in the international wine market. Moreover, writes Chris Losh, while Argentina boasts many of the same positive att...
Diageo's Smirnoff vodka brand has held the top spot in this year's Intangible Business 'Power 100' chart for the third year running....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Vina Concha y Toro has reported a slide in sales and profits for the first three months of the year....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report