GERMANY: Racke in Latin American push
German wine group Racke has announced plans to increase its focus on Latin American markets, appointing an export director specifically for these markets.
The company has named Pablo Navarro as its export director Latin America. He will be responsible for developing sales of the company's joint venture brands, Espíritu de Chile and Golden Kaan, as well as Vitae, the company's Italian wine brand.
Racke said Navarro's primary task would be to expand current distribution and open new markets, with particular emphasis on Brazil and Mexico.
He will be based in Chile, and report to Marian Kopp, managing director of Golden Kaan, and Ernesto Muller, managing director of Espíritu de Chile.
Navarro formerly worked as a regional export manager for Chilean wine company Concha y Toro.
Having seen Chile blaze a trail in export markets, Argentina is now asserting itself in the international wine market. Moreover, writes Chris Losh, while Argentina boasts many of the same positive att...
Diageo's Smirnoff vodka brand has held the top spot in this year's Intangible Business 'Power 100' chart for the third year running....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Vina Concha y Toro has reported a slide in sales and profits for the first three months of the year....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report