SOUTH AFRICA: R3m donated to speed up racial integration in SA wine industry
The South African wine industry is to donate R3million ($389,610) in a special education fund to speed up the process of drawing blacks into the white dominated business. The industry as a whole has come under pressure recently from the Department of Agriculture for its apparent lack of commitment to change, which is seen as one of the key issues in agriculture in the country. The issue of transformation and the industry's slow response to such changes has been the root of tension between the government and the industry for quite some time.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO