US: Rémy to handle Russian Standard stable
Rémy Cointreau's US arm has signed a deal to distribute the portfolio of vodka producer Russian Standard across the Atlantic.
Rémy Cointreau USA will handle the entire Russian Standard vodka stable, including its flagship brand Imperia. The agreement deepens the working relationship between the two companies as Russian Standard's domestic distribution unit Roust already handles Rémy's spirits portfolio in Russia.
Roustam Tariko, chairman of Russian Standard Company, said yesterday (1 June): "We are pleased to be partnering with the Rémy Cointreau Group on a global scale. They are a premium brands company with a track record of excellence in the global spirits industry. We have developed a superb relationship in Russia, and now I look forward to expanding our business with them in the US."
Thomas F. Jensen, president and CEO of Rémy Cointreau USA, added: "American consumers are in love with authenticity, and Russian Standard represents the best and most authentic line of Russian vodkas, and a perfect fit for our portfolio of premium brands."
Russian Standard is in the middle of a dispute with Pernod Ricard after questioning the heritage of Pernod's Stolichnaya vodka. Russian Standard has claimed that Stolichnaya is not Russian at all, and is in fact made in Latvia.
Pernod, which attained the distribution rights to Stolichnaya last year after its takeover of Allied Domecq, has vowed to explore its legal position in the face of the allegations.
Rémy USA officials could not be reached for comment as just-drinks went to press.
Having pioneered the super-premium vodka category in Russia, billionaire entrepreneur Roustam Tariko is eyeing international markets with his Russian Standard Original and Imperia brands, looking to b...
Seagram India, one of India's biggest spirits manufacturers and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pernod Ricard, has entered the country's wine sector....
21st Century Spirits LLC has acquired the U. rights to import and market the Gabriel Boudier line of liqueurs and eaux-de-vies....
Orangina Schweppes has appointed Hughes Pietrini as marketing director....
Diageo, Bacardi and Pernod Ricard have pledged separate contributions totalling EUR120,000 to a campaign fund set up by the European Travel Retail Confederation (ETRC) to tackle the threat posed by ne...
Diageo has been given the all-clear to make a bid for New Zealand's Independent Liquor....
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has bought up only 10% of the intended amount of shares in Polmos Bialystok, according to local reports....
Blavod Extreme Spirits looks set to be snapped up in the coming weeks....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India