US: Rémy to handle Russian Standard stable
Rémy Cointreau's US arm has signed a deal to distribute the portfolio of vodka producer Russian Standard across the Atlantic.
Rémy Cointreau USA will handle the entire Russian Standard vodka stable, including its flagship brand Imperia. The agreement deepens the working relationship between the two companies as Russian Standard's domestic distribution unit Roust already handles Rémy's spirits portfolio in Russia.
Roustam Tariko, chairman of Russian Standard Company, said yesterday (1 June): "We are pleased to be partnering with the Rémy Cointreau Group on a global scale. They are a premium brands company with a track record of excellence in the global spirits industry. We have developed a superb relationship in Russia, and now I look forward to expanding our business with them in the US."
Thomas F. Jensen, president and CEO of Rémy Cointreau USA, added: "American consumers are in love with authenticity, and Russian Standard represents the best and most authentic line of Russian vodkas, and a perfect fit for our portfolio of premium brands."
Russian Standard is in the middle of a dispute with Pernod Ricard after questioning the heritage of Pernod's Stolichnaya vodka. Russian Standard has claimed that Stolichnaya is not Russian at all, and is in fact made in Latvia.
Pernod, which attained the distribution rights to Stolichnaya last year after its takeover of Allied Domecq, has vowed to explore its legal position in the face of the allegations.
Rémy USA officials could not be reached for comment as just-drinks went to press.
Having pioneered the super-premium vodka category in Russia, billionaire entrepreneur Roustam Tariko is eyeing international markets with his Russian Standard Original and Imperia brands, looking to b...
Seagram India, one of India's biggest spirits manufacturers and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pernod Ricard, has entered the country's wine sector....
21st Century Spirits LLC has acquired the U. rights to import and market the Gabriel Boudier line of liqueurs and eaux-de-vies....
Orangina Schweppes has appointed Hughes Pietrini as marketing director....
Diageo, Bacardi and Pernod Ricard have pledged separate contributions totalling EUR120,000 to a campaign fund set up by the European Travel Retail Confederation (ETRC) to tackle the threat posed by ne...
Diageo has been given the all-clear to make a bid for New Zealand's Independent Liquor....
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has bought up only 10% of the intended amount of shares in Polmos Bialystok, according to local reports....
Blavod Extreme Spirits looks set to be snapped up in the coming weeks....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research