Product Launch - GLOBAL: Rémy Cointreau's Rémy Martin Louis XIII Rare Cask 42,6
Click through to view Rémy Cointreau's Rémy Martin Louis XIII Rare Cask 42,6
Rémy Cointreau's Rémy Martin Louis XIII Rare Cask 42,6
Category - Spirits, Cognac, 42.6% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Certified retailers, selected on-trade
Price - EUR18,000 (US$23,400) per decanter
Rémy Cointreau has launched a limited-edition “rare cask” of its Louis XIII Cognac.
Only 738 decanters will be released, Rémy said at the cask's launch in Udaipur, India, last week. The Cognac is named for its “unique” abv and is only the second such cask to join Rémy's rare cask collection, the company said.
Rémy launched a Louis XIII Rare Cask in the UK in 2010.
A RARE TREASURE COMES TO INDIA - LOUIS XIII Rare Cask 42,6
2013, March 7th , for immediate release
Selected guests from 17 countries gathered in Udaipur, ‘the City of Sunrise’, to celebrate with panache the global launch of LOUIS XIII RARE CASK 42,6 - only the second such cask to join the RARE CASK collection.
A “Rare Cask” is a single, extremely rare barrel discovered among the hundreds of century-old tierçons that will one day go to make LOUIS XIII.
Among the guests were Pierrette Trichet, gifted Cellar Master of the House of Rémy Martin, and her deputy Cellar Master Baptiste Loiseau. It was they who revealed this one utterly Rare Cask of LOUIS XIII that Nature has endowed with an excellence that is all its own. No two tierçons are ever quite the same size, and this Rare Cask is one of the smaller ones: sufficient for just 738 decanters distinguished by a small but significant increase in alcohol, beyond the expected 40 percent. This new Rare Cask expression takes its title from its unique alcohol degree of 42,6 degrees of alcohol.
LOUIS XIII RARE CASK 42,6 celebrates the classic LOUIS XIII blend of 1,200 eau-de-vies, 100 years in the making, here featuring salient aromas that are unique to this one precious cask – notes of plum and dates, mingling with flavours of gingerbread, prune stone and ginger, punctuated by a final touch of tobacco leaf.
The splendour of Udaipur made this the perfect setting to welcome such rare treasure from the House of Rémy Martin. Udaipur in Rajasthan is the capital of the ancient kingdom of Mewar, home to the world’s most ancient surviving royal dynasty. All around are the rich tokens of the maharajah’s legacy – devoted to the pursuit of excellence, as is LOUIS XIII.
LOUIS XIII RARE CASK 42,6 - all decanters will be serial numbered from 001 to 738, available from LOUIS XIII certified retailers, best palaces, hotels and restaurants (LOUIS XIII Fortress network). Suggested retail price, 18 000 €.
Original source: Company Release
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research