Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: Rémy Cointreau's Rémy Martin Coupe Shanghai 1903
Click through to view the new Rémy Martin Coupe Shanghai 1903
Rémy Martin Coupe Shanghai 1903
Category - Spirits, Cognac, 40% abv
Available - From December
Location - Initially in Singapore's Changi Airport, from January in Hong Kong and in “selected outlets” ahead of the Lunar New Year.
Price - SRP of EUR450 (US$600) per bottle
Distribution - DFS Duty Free
Rémy Cointreau has released a new Cognac that harks back to Shanghai's time as “the Pearl of the Orient”.
Rémy Martin Coupe Shanghai is supposedly based on handwritten notes from Rémy's master distiller made in 1903. Rémy says the original Coupe Shanghai was “the first special blend created for a particular market” and an “intense spirit, heavy with spice”.
The new version comes in a carafe with a silver cap and presented in a red gift box that serves also as a display case. The gift box contains a booklet telling the story behind the Cognac and identifying it by a unique number.
An analyst this week warned that Rémy's Cognac consumers in China are at risk of gravitating towards other Western spirits because of low stock levels.
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during December 2013....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global wine market during December 2013....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages