Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: Rémy Cointreau's Rémy Martin Coupe Shanghai 1903
Click through to view the new Rémy Martin Coupe Shanghai 1903
Rémy Martin Coupe Shanghai 1903
Category - Spirits, Cognac, 40% abv
Available - From December
Location - Initially in Singapore's Changi Airport, from January in Hong Kong and in “selected outlets” ahead of the Lunar New Year.
Price - SRP of EUR450 (US$600) per bottle
Distribution - DFS Duty Free
Rémy Cointreau has released a new Cognac that harks back to Shanghai's time as “the Pearl of the Orient”.
Rémy Martin Coupe Shanghai is supposedly based on handwritten notes from Rémy's master distiller made in 1903. Rémy says the original Coupe Shanghai was “the first special blend created for a particular market” and an “intense spirit, heavy with spice”.
The new version comes in a carafe with a silver cap and presented in a red gift box that serves also as a display case. The gift box contains a booklet telling the story behind the Cognac and identifying it by a unique number.
An analyst this week warned that Rémy's Cognac consumers in China are at risk of gravitating towards other Western spirits because of low stock levels.
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during December 2013....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global wine market during December 2013....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory