FRANCE: Rémy Cointreau unveils Pflanz as CEO-elect
Laborde is expected to step down in September
Rémy Cointreau has revealed finance director Frédéric Pflanz as its successor to Jean-Marie Laborde, who will step down as chief executive at the end of September.
Pflanz, who only joined Rémy in 2010, will take over on 1 October once his appointment is approved by the board, the company said today (20 June). Earlier this month, Laborde's contract was extended to 30 September, Rémy said.
Pflanz joined Rémy from L'Oreal as CFO, but it was his promotion late last year to COO alongside Laborde that analysts said put him in line for the top job. Laborde, who has been CEO since 2004, was expected to announce his retirement this year as he will be 65 in July.
Laborde will leave the company in good shape, but this month an analyst warned that a slowdown in Cognac sales in China had already affected margins.
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
This is the second edition of our popular ranking of the world's leading spirits brands....
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
Towards the end of the review period, leading manufacturers such as Diageo Plc and Rémy Cointreau Group continued to establish their stronger presence in spirits by strengthening their distribution es...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp