FRANCE: Rémy Cointreau revamps Mount Gay XO
Rémy Cointreau has lined up the relaunch of Mount Gay Extra Old for later this month.
The company said yesterday (10 March) that the new-look Mount Gay Rum Extra Old (XO) will be previewed at the IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas in Fort Lauderdale later this month.
The brand extension, which is already available in the US domestic market, will be presented in a bottle embossed with the company crest and a black coloured label.
The product, a blend of rums from 8 to 15 years old, will come in one-litre bottles and will retail at around EUR55 (US$65).
French spirits group Pernod Ricard will need more than a few headache pills to deal with the tough period ahead. The world's second largest spirits group, behind Diageo, predicted a tough fiscal 2010 ...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has announced the appointment of a vice president of spirits marketing at its US unit....
Rémy Cointreau has appointed Patrick Piana as the CEO of Rémy Martin Cognac, having lured the 42-year-old from his position at Pernod Ricard USA....
Corby Distilleries has reported a slip in full-year profits, but was buoyed in the fourth quarter by Absolut Vodka and lower advertising and promotion spend....
In 1996, Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co, a leading beverage producer in China, began a joint venture with Danone Group to form five new subsidiaries....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has launched an advertising campaign in the US for its Cruzan rum brand....
This month a 50-year old Glenfiddich whisky was released from Scottish distiller William Grant & Sons, at US$16,500 a bottle. However, oddly enough this is not the most expensive drink ever made....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director