FRANCE: Rémy Cointreau rating upgraded
Rémy Cointreau has been upgraded to 'hold' from 'sell' by SG Securities as part of the broker's review of the spirits sector.
In a note to investors, SG said that Rémy's announcment last week that it is to exit Maxxium Worldwide alters its profile and increases the likelihood of a disposal. SG added that, although Rémy's share could suffer from the announced cost of the exit, speculative interest would be likely to provide a floor.
The broker also said that consolidation in the spirits industry could pick up again in 2007, with Pernod Ricard, which has been given a 'buy' recommendation, possibly taking part. The investment group said speculation around the privatisation of Absolut could lead to a fall in Pernod's share price, but that results momentum should be sound at the start of 2007.
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
Pernod Ricard has confirmed that its managing director has visited Sweden to look at Vin & Sprit's Absolut vodka brand, ahead of a possible sell-off....
Eckes AG has sold Stock Plzen in Czech, according to reports....
Chivas Brothers has launched an extensive campaign to promote its entire Ballantine's Scotch whisky range internationally....
Maxxium Worldwide has broken through the EUR2bn (US$2.7bn) barrier for the first time in full-year turnover....
Diageo's vodka brand Smirnoff has held the top spot in this year's 'Power 100' league of drinks brands. The 2007 chart of the most powerful drinks brands, compiled by brand valuation consultancy Intan...
Pernod Ricard is switching distribution for its Seagram's Coolers in the US....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research