FRANCE: Rémy Cointreau puts Bols on the block
French drinks giant Rémy Cointreau has put its Bols business up for sale.
Rémy, which in June sold the rights to produce and distribute Bols vodka in Poland and Russia, has decided to sell its entire Bols stable, which also includes a gin and a range of liqueurs.
Hidde van der Pol, international brand director for Bols, told just-drinks today (9 December) that talks were underway to sell the business.
"Rémy Cointreau has stated that its main strategy is to focus on its very premium brands and that's where they're focusing right now," he said.
Van der Pol refused to name the potential suitors for the business and declined to comment on how long the negotiations could take.
Rémy also plans to sell its secondary Champagne brands as part of its plans to concentrate on a smaller stable of premium brands, including Piper Heidsieck Champagne and Rémy Martin Cognac.
Rémy officials were unavailable for comment as just-drinks went to press.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Remy Cointreau is looking to restructure its Champagne business, according to local reports....
Remy Cointreau has posted a drop in full year net profit in spite of increasing revenues....
Remy Cointreau has signed a five-year credit facility for around €500m....
Remy Cointreau has gone to holders of one of its bonds to gain permission to complete the sale of its stake in Bols....
Remy Cointreau has posted a slight rise in revenue growth for fiscal year 2005....
The Polish unit of Remy Cointreau has pulled out of the race for a majority stake in Polmos Bialystok....
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has revealed plans to enter into a strategic alliance with Remy Cointreau....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends