TRAVEL RETAIL: Rémy Cointreau pushes Bruichladdich expansion
Bruichladdich's Bere Barley 2006 is one of the exclusive Travel Retail offerings
Rémy Cointreau is helping its recent whisky acquisition, Bruichladdich, take on the global travel retail (GTR) channel, as the Islay distillery prepares to launch its first exclusive products in the sector.
Bruichladdich will launch four products exclusively to airports within the next six months, the company told just-drinks today (6 September). The products are Octomore 6.2, Port Charlotte 11, Bere Barley 2006 and a one-litre Organic.
Discussions regarding which markets the products will initially launch in are still ongoing, but trade & marketing manager Lynne McEwan said Rémy's knowledge of travel retail has been invaluable to Bruichladdich as it looks to boost its international presence.
“The Remy team have been brilliant,” McEwan said. “We've been able to help them because they don't have any experience of the whisky industry, and they are giving us a lot of advice because they have their portfolios already in there.”
McEwan also said that the GTR channel can act as a “shop window” for Bruichladdich, which was restarted a decade ago and funded by private investment prior to Remy's US$90m takeover last year.
There are a lot of people who have never heard of Bruichladdich,” she said. “We've been around for ten years and unless you're in the know, in many places you'll have never of heard of it. (GTR) is all about getting bottles in front of people.”
With recent claims that China has become the world's biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies i...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during December 2013....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global wine market during December 2013....
We all know by now that, if you're working for an international spirits company and the Chinese market is a big deal for you, then you haven't been sleeping too well for the past year or so....
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Belgium beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and a...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review