FRANCE: Rémy Cointreau finalises Larsen Cognac sale
Rémy's Cognac sales have slowed down in China
Rémy Cointreau has completed the sale of Larsen Cognac to Finland's Altia Corporation, eight months after it acquired the brand.
The deal, for an undisclosed sum, was finalised on Friday (30 August), Rémy said. The French group bought the family-owned Cognac house and its brand in December.
However, in June, Rémy announced it had agreed a sale to Altia that included the Larson brand and industrial and commercial assets. Rémy also said it was selling “inventories necessary for the entity to operate as a going concern”. It is not clear how much inventory Rémy will retain.
With recent claims that China has become the world's biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies i...
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during December 2013....
We all know by now that, if you're working for an international spirits company and the Chinese market is a big deal for you, then you haven't been sleeping too well for the past year or so....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global wine market during December 2013....
2013 was a transformative year for Edrington as it severed its 28-year distribution agreement with Rémy Cointreau to take direct control over its own distribution network in the US. This is a key move...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research