FRANCE: Rémy Cointreau appoints new chairman
Family-controlled Remy Cointreau has appointed a new chairman to take over in the New Year
Rémy Cointreau has appointed Francois Heriard Dubreuil as its new board chairman.
Dubreuil will replace his older sister Dominique at the end of this calendar year, the Paris-based company announced yesterday (20 November). Dominique Hériard Dubreuil, who has been chairman for 14 years, first announced her intention to step down at the group's AGM in July.
She will remain a Rémy Cointreau board member, as well as holding the chairman roels at both E. Rémy Martin & Cie and Cointreau.
Francois Dubreuil, who is currently chairman of the management board of the family holding company Andromède, said: “I would like to thank the board for the trust it has placed in me, which demonstrates and reaffirms the family’s involvement in the continued implementation of the group’s development strategy”.
Last month Rémy Cointreau confirmed it is in talks to take majority control of family-owned Cognac producer Larsen. In September, it completed the GBP58m (US$90.3m) acquisition of Islay-based Scotch producer Bruichladdich.
I can't remember precisely when I first saw the BRIC acronym. Indeed, with only ten years' experience of the drinks industry, it seems to be have been around longer than I have. I can remember, howeve...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts