FRANCE: Rémy Cointreau appoints new chairman
Family-controlled Remy Cointreau has appointed a new chairman to take over in the New Year
Rémy Cointreau has appointed Francois Heriard Dubreuil as its new board chairman.
Dubreuil will replace his older sister Dominique at the end of this calendar year, the Paris-based company announced yesterday (20 November). Dominique Hériard Dubreuil, who has been chairman for 14 years, first announced her intention to step down at the group's AGM in July.
She will remain a Rémy Cointreau board member, as well as holding the chairman roels at both E. Rémy Martin & Cie and Cointreau.
Francois Dubreuil, who is currently chairman of the management board of the family holding company Andromède, said: “I would like to thank the board for the trust it has placed in me, which demonstrates and reaffirms the family’s involvement in the continued implementation of the group’s development strategy”.
Last month Rémy Cointreau confirmed it is in talks to take majority control of family-owned Cognac producer Larsen. In September, it completed the GBP58m (US$90.3m) acquisition of Islay-based Scotch producer Bruichladdich.
I can't remember precisely when I first saw the BRIC acronym. Indeed, with only ten years' experience of the drinks industry, it seems to be have been around longer than I have. I can remember, howeve...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018