FRANCE: Rémy Cointreau appoints new CFO
Rémy Cointreau is about to change CEO
Rémy Cointreau has again looked to fellow French company L’Oréal Group for its new finance head, as current CFO Frédéric Pflanz prepares to step up to chief executive.
Rémy said today (30 July) that Luca Marotta, 47, will succeed Pflanz, who became Rémy's CFO in 2010 after leaving L’Oréal. Pflanz is due to take over as CEO on 1 October.
Marotta has been with L’Oréal since 1999, holding positions including finance director of its Italian unit and CFO of the luxury products division for Europe. Most recently, he was CFO of L’Oréal's consumer products division.
Eyebrows rose earlier this week at the US$16bn that Suntory is set to pay for Beam Inc. At 20 times the company's EBITDA, the transaction is at the more expensive end of the scale. Here, courtesy of a...
The rate of consolidation in the spirits category is markedly slower than that of many consumer industries. So, could the news this week that Suntory is set to buy Beam Inc trigger a wave of M&A? Past...
As one would expect, yesterday's news that Remy Cointreau's CEO, Frederic Pflanz, has stepped down after just three months in the role hit the French company's share price this morning....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts