US: Quiznos dumps Coke for Pepsi
Quiznos Sub, the third-largest US sandwich chain, has dropped the Coca-Cola Co. in favour of PepsiCo. The company said yesterday that it has signed a deal to serve PepsiCo drinks in its 3,200 US and Puerto Rican outlets, ending a 23-year relationship with Coke.
Last year, Coke secured a partnership with Subway Restaurants to replace PepsiCo products in the chain's 20,000 restaurants around the world.
Speaking to Reuters, Trey Hall, chief marketing officer at Quiznos, said: "We will be one of PepsiCo's biggest clients and we will not be playing second fiddle as we would have had we stayed with Coke."
Coca-Cola spokesman Ray Crockett told Reuters yesterday: "We value our relationship with Quiznos and we believe that we can help drive their business better than any other beverage partner, but we were unable to reach an agreement on a relationship that would bring value to both partners."
The new partnership will take effect from February. Quiznos did not disclose the value or length of the deal.
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends